How to colour hair at home with 5 easy steps
Without spending a lot of money on salon services, the following article on how to colour hair at home will help you change your hair color quickly and simply.
What you should know before learning how to colour hair at home
If you are planning on dyeing your hair yourself then here are the things you should know about.
Common mistakes when learning how to colour hair at home
Dyeing hair has become a trend of young people and is one of the most obvious ways to express personality. Besides, make-overs are almost impossible without the step of changing new hair colors. However, this also partly leads to hair problems such as damage, tangles, breakage from mild to more serious. Therefore, in this article, I will show you how to colour hair at home properly, naturally and simply.
- Did not read the user manual carefully
- It is essential to carefully read the steps in the instructions of how to colour hair at home, because each manufacturer may have differences in the process of dyeing hair and you should pay attention to the results after dyeing. Please!
- Incubate the dye for too long
- Many people mistakenly believe that the longer the dye is incubated, the more beautiful the color will be, but this is not true, it can even be harmful to the hair or the hair color after dyeing is too dark.
- Not using enough dye
- You need to be careful to use a sufficient amount of dye for your hair, not too much and not too little, leading to non-standard color.
- For shoulder length hair or long hair, you should use 2 or more boxes of dye!
Notes when learning how to colour hair at home
Here are some of the notes that we hope you will remember the next time you try to learn how to colour hair at home.
- Before dyeing your hair, you should take care of and repair damaged hair at least 1 week before dyeing for the best hair recovery.
- Be prepared to wash your hair 1-2 days before dyeing your hair, besides, you should pay attention not to use conditioner so that the hair color will be more beautiful when dyed.
- You should choose a color that matches your skin tone and personal style. You should not choose a dye that makes the ends of your hair dull, making your hair prone to damage.
- Choose a color from a reputable brand that does not contain ammonia so as not to damage the hair.
- Each time you dye your hair, it will suffer great damage, so it is best for you to choose a dye that has good color adhesion and becomes clear after washing.
How to colour hair at home
Here is the 5 step of how to colour hair at home :
- Step 1: First wash your hair to clean your hair and scalp. Test the dye reaction on the skin of the dyer’s hands, to make sure you are not allergic to the dye. If the skin where the medicine is applied does not have red, itchy bumps, then you are safe to use this dye.
- Step 2: Use a protective wrap around the forehead and head. Make sure the dye water does not run on the face and body to ensure hygiene.
- Step 3: Apply the dye evenly and as little as possible to the scalp.
- Step 4: Wait for about 1 hour for the dye to adhere firmly to the hair, then wash your hair thoroughly with specialized shampoo and warm water.
- Step 5: Blot your hair with a cotton towel, let it dry naturally and enjoy your results.
When dyeing your hair, you should follow these how to colour hair at home steps as follows
- Mix the dye color according to the prescribed ratio.
- Apply the dye to the hair in turn: starting from the hair shaft to the ends of the hair and dot the last because the roots will color faster than other parts of the hair.
- When dyeing, you should use a dye comb to evenly dye the color.
Hair care after dyeing
Knowing how to colour hair at home is important, but to maintain the color, you must know how to take care of it properly.
- When the hair is colored, you must wash the hair and use the color lock cream immediately to make the hair color more natural and durable.
- Should strengthen hair care about 2 weeks after dyeing to restore damaged hair. If you do your own hair treatment at home, you should use a sulfate-free conditioner or conditioner to avoid washing off the hair color and you should use a hair cream that increases the shine of the dye.
- Wash your hair with cool water to avoid hair breakage and hair color to be durable. And after about 1-2 months, you should go back to the hair roots and trim the frizzy hair ends to ensure your hair is always soft and beautiful naturally.
Above is a safe and correct how to colour hair at home. If you are not confident, you can ask your loved ones to help make the process of dyeing your hair easier. Good luck!